Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm NOT a dumb blonde... or am I?

     Blonde... an adjective that fits me and one that has strong negative connotations.  I have been a blonde all of my life (i.e. This IS my real hair color) and I have tried hard not to fit the "dumb blonde" stereotype.  I pride myself on being rather smart, actually... I was a straight A student in high school, magna cum laude in college, and earned my master's degree from Northwestern University... not bad for a girl who grew up on a dairy farm and in a town with one stop sign!  (In addition, I know what a few big words like "consternation" and "enigma" mean!  I know, I know... impressive.)

     So, even with my pigment deficit, I thought that I had outrun the typecast of being dim-witted... but I think I have been, ummmm, in deep denial.  Proof?  Today, on my way to work... I ran out of gas ON THE INTERSTATE!!!  Who does that???  How stupid, ridiculous, mindless, foolish...dumb, dumb, dumb!!!  I would like to say that the incident was due to an automobile malfunction, but that is not true.  I would like to say that it was due to a "momentary" brain aneurysm, but that would be a lie.  Thus, I must now confess to myself that "dumb blonde" is an accurate monicer for me.  Yep, it is.  I graciously accept this.

Now I must dash to the bathroom and use my Loreal color kit to make myself a brunette... so it will no longer be true again.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I would just like you to know that it's happened to my sister, on the interstate also!! The sad part is it almost happened to her twice and she's not even blond. You two should get together and reminence!!;)

    ReplyDelete

If you like it or if you don't... please feel free to share your feedback. Thanks!